The Abandoned Factory is a location in NieR:Automata, and the first area encountered in-game. The large industrial complex, once used for manufacturing the P-22 and P-33 model of robots, was converted for use by the machines, and serves as the site for several main story events.
The factory sits west of the City Ruins, and is initially entered via flight units as 2B and several other YoRHa make their descent, with 9S already on reconnaissance duty when first playing as him during Route B.
Points of Interest Edit
- The power in the factory will be mostly cut off after 2B's escape. Subsequent trips during Route C will require heavy use of the flashlight while exploring.
- The Engels unit that 2B and 9S fight in the prologue will be seen resting at the entrance, with the only sign of its presence being its unlit head.
- Pascal attempts to save the rest of the peaceful machines by taking them to the factory in Ch. 14-05. His efforts fail as the children machines opt to commit suicide instead, which leads him to ask A2 to either wipe his memories or kill him.
- The player may take a third option and choose to walk away instead.
- Virtuous Treaty can be acquired immediately after landing at the City Ruins without waiting for the Commander's mail.