Emil is a boss Unit in NieR: Automata
This mysterious creature emerged from inside of a machine lifeform and set up a shop after obtaining a new body. While he calls himself Emil, his true identity is a mystery. Once he discovered who had been stealing from his room, he was incited to fight. But after being defeated, he was reduced to tears by the realization that only power matters in this world.
- In order to defeat Emil, the player must first locate his residence and steal an item from Emil's Home.
- The entrance is located in a secret tunnel in the City Ruins near the outside of the sewer system (the location is right next to the final race in the Speed Star sidequest).
- In the tunnel is an elevator which takes the player to an underground cave system, eventually leading to a door to Emil's home.
- There, the player can steal an item, which is noted by the Pod that theft may upset Emil.
- After that, the player must speak to Emil again in the world map, where he will mention that there was a break in, and he has upped the security in his home.
- Defeating Emil will reward the Emil Heads combat bracers.