Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
A massive Goliath-class machine lifeform disguised as a building. The tremendous amounts of energy running through its body forces the unit to emit steam in order to stay cool. When attacking, the heat generated from its arms often causes them to become engulfed in flames. Thought to have been produced in limited numbers, multiple units were recently discovered at the Abandoned Factory - though they were eventually destroyed by black-box reactions from 2B and 9S.
- There are a total of seven Engels the player can encounter.
- 1 in chapter 01-03_1 .
- 3 in chapter 01-03_3.
- 2 in chapter 05-02.
- 1 in chapter 14-05.
- Engels melee attacks are rather slow and can be dodged using the "perfect evade" mechanic.
- Engels is fought both on the ground and in flight units.
- When fighting Engels on the ground, it uses the bucket wheels of the two Marx-type Goliaths that form its arms. The individual buckets can be destroyed to make them less effective.
- A severely damaged Engels is encountered in Machine Examination 1 and Machine Examination 2. The unit displays a level of sentience after being partially repaired by 2B and 9S, engaging with them in conversation after growing curious of events since its activation.
- Another Engels is raised from the sea by Pascal in an attempt to defend a group of Machine children from other rampaging machines, including another Engels. During this, the player is able to control Engels in a manner similar to Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots.
- This boss is a reference to Friedrich Engels, German philosopher, social scientist, journalist and businessman.
- An Engels' arm is comprised of a Marx-type Goliath. The latter is named after Karl Marx, who co-wrote the Communist Manifesto alongside Friedrich Engels.
- Two of the dates in Engels' history correspond with events in World War II, albeit with the years reversed: