"A massive Goliath-class machine lifeform disguised as a building. The tremendous amounts of energy running through its body forces the unit to emit steam in order to stay cool. When attacking, the heat generated from its arms often causes them to become engulfed in flames. Thought to have been produced in limited numbers, multiple units were recently discovered at the Abandoned Factory - though they were eventually destroyed by black-box reactions from 2B and 9S."
― In-Game Data
- There are a total of seven Engels the player can encounter.
- Engels melee attacks are rather slow and can be dodged using the 'perfect evade' mechanic.
- Engels is fought both on the ground and in flight units.
- When fighting Engels on the ground, it uses the bucket wheels of the two Marx-type Goliaths that form its arms. The individual buckets can be destroyed to make them less effective.
- A severely damaged Engels is encountered in the Sidequests Machine Examination 1 and Machine Examination 2.
- This boss is a reference to Friedrich Engels, german philosopher, social scientist, journalist and businessman. He was co-author of the Communist Manifesto with Karl Marx.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.